<< Back to the main page
The Story of Stained Glass
Art Science Workshops
How is glass made? How do you put together a stained glass panel? Learn about light and colour and the special qualities of glass. Compare glass with other materials.
- What happens in the process of making glass? High temperatures, reversible and irreversible changes, creating colour, ancient and modern technology.
- Theophilus the monk demonstrates glass and window-making in the 13th century.
- Paint a stained glass panel.
- Make up a window : construct a pattern from geometric shapes.
- Stained glass windows were made to tell stories. Listen to one of the dramatic stories told in a stained glass panel
If you would like further information on education in the Stained Glass Museum contact us.